Retire with peace of mind by saving today. An individual retirement account (IRA) lets you contribute up to $5,000 every year — and pays you competitive interest that you won’t find with regular savings accounts. We offer both Traditional and Roth, so you can choose the plan that’s best suited to your needs and lifestyle. Make sure you’re financially prepared for retirement with an interest-bearing IRA.
- Competitive interest above standard savings rates
- Traditional and Roth IRA options
- No setup fees
- No monthly or annual maintenance fees
- $5,500 contribution limit per year
- Additional $1,000 "catch-up" contribution allowed for ages 50+
- Funds can be used to purchase CDs within IRA
- $500 minimum deposit to open
*Consult a tax advisor.
There are advantages to both Traditional and Roth IRAs. One of the biggest differences is the time at which you see the most advantage. A Traditional IRA provides potential tax relief today, while a Roth IRA has the potential for the most tax benefit at time of retirement.
- No income limits to open
- No minimum contribution requirement
- Contributions are tax deductible on state and federal income tax*
- Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal (when usually in lower tax bracket)
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59 1/2
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals at age 70 1/2
- Income limits to be eligible to open Roth IRA***
- Contributions are NOT tax deductible
- Earnings are 100% tax free at withdrawal*
- Principal contributions can be withdrawn without penalty*
- Withdrawals on interest can begin at age 59 1/2
- Early withdrawals on interest subject to penalty**
- No mandatory distribution age
- No age limit on making contributions as long as you have earned income
*Subject to some minimal conditions. Consult a tax advisor.
**Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.
***Consult a tax advisor.